WhatsApp calling is one of the best feature of WhatsApp application first only chatting option was available and other applications like Skype, Viber, imo, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, etc. These were the application providing Internet calling feature where many apps includes both Voice and Video calling. This feature was majorly missing in WhatsApp as in past days it was only providing chatting feature. If user wants to make voice/video call then the user needs to download some other featured app, where these options were available.
But later on WhatsApp finally brought the major update which includes both Voice and Video call. And it turned out to be one the most break through features of WhatsApp till date. This made people’s life more easy as now people don’t need to download some other special apps for Voice and Video call. As I mentioned that this feature is awesome but a big part of WhatsApp community think’s that this feature is not relevant, many of them think that sometimes it becomes annoying as people constantly call you because it’s completely free. Many times unknown person who is regularly disturbing or harassing can be blocked.
Also, many communities says that the call quality is not satisfactory and sometimes when you are doing something important online work and the disturbance which is occurred completely distracts you.
For most of the people, it’s very useful to call in an emergency as when your phone talk-time is low, but it’s full of pros and cons.
How to Disable WhatsApp calling in Android
Now here I have a solution for those user’s/community people who don’t want WhatsApp calling feature at all and permanently deactivate in their Android smartphones.
Usually WhatsApp has officially provided the details that It is not possible to deactivate the WhatsApp Voice Call feature nor the Video Call feature.
Don’t worry regarding this as I told that I have solution for disabling calling feature and you will be easily able to disable this feature. But as I told you earlier if you want to disable WhatsApp calling forever has its own pros and cons. So, it depends on you whether to disable it forever or not.
Below I have shared some easiest methods with detailed steps to disable WhatsApp calling permanently.
Methods to Disable WhatsApp Calling in Android:
In the first method, we are going to use an application called WA Tweaks. This application is very unique as from this app you can you find out the hidden features and tricks inside WhatsApp which you may have seen for very first time.
As i mentioned it finds out the hidden features of WhatsApp, so let us search out the hidden trick to disable WhatsApp Calling-
- You need to download and install the WA Tweaks App on your smartphone
- Now, you need to turn on the Airplane mode on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings->Apps->WhatsApp and click on Force stop to temporarily stop WhatsApp.
- Now go back and open the WA Tweaks App. And then click on the option called “Extra”.
- Now, when you once click on “Extra”, you will see an option called Disable Voice and Audio calls, click on that and turn that mode off as mentioned below in the image.
- That’s it, Now turn the Airplane mode off and your calling feature on WhatsApp will be disabled completely.
If this process gets successful in your device now there is no chance of WhatsApp calling disturbance in your smartphone and also you will be not able to call someone through WhatsApp calling as it will show you error. These are the pros and cons. Lets move towards next method.
In the method 1 we guided you to install WA Tweaks App to disable the WhatsApp Calling feature. But there may chances that the method 1 may not work in your smartphone.
But don’t worry we have one more App called “Disable WhatsApp Calls”. This App is one of the best rated App to disable WhatsApp Calling feature.
The key feature of this app is it doesn’t need root, so you can install and use it without rooting your Android device.
Now, previously this App was available on Google Playstore but because of violation of WhatsApp terms and conditions, it is removed from there. Thanks to mediafire where apk file is available. So, we have provided the external link below to download this App.
- First the download the App from below given link and install it in your Android smartphone.
- Now open the App and click on “Service” then select “Disable WhatsApp Call and finally click on “OK”.
- Select the Incoming call and Outgoing call option. You can also choose only Incoming call and keep outgoing calls on, it depends on your choice.
- That’s it. Now one can make WhatsApp incoming call on your device as it will automatically disconnected.
The main advantage of using this app is, as in previous method 1 we saw that it will disable both incoming as well as outgoing calls too. But in this method with help of “WhatsApp Disable App” you have an option to select where you can only disable incoming calls as well as only outgoing calls or you can go with both.
The disadvantage is that sometimes this App stops working. If this happens frequently then i recommend you to switch to method 3.
Here in this method, we are going to use one more app named “WhatsApp Plus” to disable WhatsApp calling. Many of you would be aware that few months ago WhatsApp started blocking WhatsApp Plus users but don’t worry. The trick I am going to show will not harm your WhatsApp account.
To protect from blocking we are going to use Anti ban version of WhatsApp Plus. I assure you if you use this Anti ban version of WhatsApp nothing harm will happen to your original WhatsApp account. Many of my friends are using this App from last 3 months and have never faced any issues of getting a ban.
So, follow the below steps and disable your WhatsApp calling-
- First, take the backup of your WhatsApp chat from Settings –> Chats –> Backup.
- Download & Install WhatsApp Plus Anti-ban version in your Android smartphone.
- Now open the App and complete the procedures like agree their terms and conditions and then finally enter your mobile number.
- Now, enter the OTP number which you received in your phone.
- Then restore back your chats and wait till the process gets complete.
- After completing the sign up process click on three dots “⋮” which is located on the top right corner of the App.
- Then click on “More Options”-> Other Mods.
- Now go to the bottom of the page and click on “Disable Voice Calls”.
- That’s it…!!! You have successfully disabled WhatsApp calls.
So, these are the 3 working methods which I showed you from which method 2 & 3 don’t Android rooting and all the three are working properly. Now, let me show you if you want to disable an individual contact for WhatsApp call.
Disable WhatsApp call for an individual contact
The above three methods were to disable WhatsApp call totally for all the contacts. But there are many users who would like to only disable individual contacts who maybe unknown or maybe disturbing more. So, instead of disabling complete feature you can go with individual contact. Here are the steps:
- Open WhatsApp Plus Anti-ban and select the contact you want to block.
- Now go to the profile which you want to disable by clicking on their name.
- Now click on “Custom Notification” and enable “Use Custom Notification” option.
- Under the “Call Notification” section click on “Disable Voice Call” option.
- Yay…!!! That’s it, now you will not receive any calls from the disable contacts.
After going with all this methods I just want to clear out that WhatsApp calling is an awesome feature but this article is for those who are not interested or don’t find it useful.
It maybe that the last method that is disabling individual contacts be beneficial to all the users as sometimes spamming or some unknown person may be disturbing or making harassing phone calls can be blocked with the help of fourth method. Also for some people who wants to leave away from online stuffs may also get benefit of this article.
Hope you like our guide about disable WhatsApp calling. For any queries from the above all four methods you can freely contact us or comment below in the box. Suggestions are most welcomed. Thank You.